Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Aging Out

It has been a year since I last blogged.  I am sorry for that, and probably lost a great deal of "readership".  Suffice it to say, it has been a year of ups and downs.

But.... I can't be silent any longer!  My heart is struggling with trying not to be hurt again and the need to locate families for some desperately needy children.  Many of the children I work with at the local orphanage are so close to aging out of the system forever.  For some of these, it means a younger brother or sister losing a chance as well, since they want to go together and won't go without the other.

PLEASE... if you are, or know someone who is, preparing to adopted..... PLEASE consider these children.  My heart breaks each time I see them and hear their desperate pleas to find them a family before it is too late.

Vanya and Natasha
There are two sibling sets that need YOU to move quickly.  Natasha and Vanya are a loving brother and sister that long for a loving mother and father to call their own.  Natasha is very studious, has a good grasp on English, and is quickly approaching a deadline!  Vanya is a sweet boy that loves his sister and any sport.  He is kind and caring.  He and Natasha will bless your family!

Valya
Valya and Katya are sisters that have watched so many others go to their families.  Katya begs me every time I see her to find her a family.  However, because of Valya's age, her chance may soon be gone.  Valya has a slight hearing impairment, but is attending regular school.  She reads lips and can be understood when she speaks.  She uses a telephone without assisted devices.  She is smart and a very gentle girl.  Katya is a born dancer.  She loves music and loves dancing.  She is also a very kind and gentle girl who would blossom in a family.
Katya

PLEASE... pass the word along about these two sets!  If someone doesn't step up to the plate, they will forever be lost.  Their time is running out quickly!!!  Pray that God will send their families to save them from a life on the streets.  Both sets have no contact with mother or father and are begging for a family.... is it YOURS?

7 comments:

Kari said...

Becky,
We have some friends who will be traveling to Ukraine to adopt a teenage girl around April. They also want to adopt another child. I would like to put them in touch with you. I love your heart for orphans.
Kari

bdnp3827 said...

Kari..please do!!!! I will send you a phone number (US number I have here) and email address.

Kathy said...

Kari where can I get more information regarding Valya and Katya? How soon does Valya age out?

bdnp3827 said...

Kathy,

You can contact me at bdnp3827 at yahoo dot com.

Becky

Scott Family said...

We may be able to. We just adopted from China 3 mo ago so cost is my only concern. sarahdennisscott at yahoo dot com

Melissa Sarginson said...

Hello! Just wanted to send a quick note that I sent an email to you about these children. My husband and I are looking to adopt an older child or children. I was adopted and it is very strong in my heart to also adopt my own. We would like to know who to contact and/ the adoption process. Thank you.

Melissa & Don Sarginson
SarginsonFamily at gmail dot com

Melanie said...

I will be praying for all four to find a forever family before it is too late. Sadly, we cannot move forward but I believe that there is power in prayer and God loves these girls more than we can ever imagine. I am praying that they will find their families quickly and funding will be provided!

Melanie